Audacity is a free digital audio editor and recording computer software application available for most operating systems. Audacity can record from multiple sources and be used for all types of audio, including podcasts.
- Download Audacity (Downloading Audacity).
- Learn about the software.
- Step-by-step written instructions for common tasks in Audacity
- Audacity basics (video and text)
- Interactive tour of tool bar and menus
- Record in Audacity (or plan to convert the recording if you are using different software). Save recordings as .wav, .mp3, or .aif for easiest importation to Audacity. If you cannot save as these file types, create a free account using CloudConvert to convert audio files.
- Edit in Audacity.
- Video tutorials to edit or embed music in your audio recording
- Export and share your recording.